Go to Index Page
1:1 The chazon (vision) of Yeshayahu Ben Amoz , which he saw concerning Yehudah and Yerushalayim in the days of Uzziyahu, Yotam, Ahaz, [and] Yechizkiyahu, melekhim Yehudah.
A goy choteh (sinful nation)
1:2 Shema, O shamayim, and give ear, O Eretz!
For YHWH (יהוה) hath spoken:
"I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against Me;
1:3 The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: [but] Yisrael doth not know, My people doth not consider."
1:4 Ah goy choteh (sinful nation), a people laden with avon (iniquity), a zera of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken YHWH (יהוה), they have provoked the kadosh Yisrael unto anger, they are gone away backward.
1:5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole lev faint.
1:6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head [there is] no soundness in it; [but] wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
1:7 Your country [is] desolate, your cities [are] burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and [it is] desolate, as overthrown by strangers.
1:8 And Bat Tziyon (Yerushalayim) is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.
1:9 Except YHWH (יהוה) Tzva'ot (צבא) had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sedom, [and] we should have been like unto Amorah.
1:10 Shemu Dvar YHWH (יהוה), ye rulers of Sedom; give ear unto ha Torat (תּורה) Eloheinu, ye people of Amora.
1:11 To what purpose [is] the multitude of your zevach (sacrifice)s unto me? saith YHWH (יהוה): I am full of the Olot of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
1:12 When ye come to appear before Me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; levonah (frankincense) is an abomination unto me; the Rosh Chodashim and Shabbatot, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; [it is] avon (iniquity), even the solemn meeting.
1:14 Your Rosh Chodashim and your moedim My nefesh hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear [them].
1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many tefillot, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
1:17 Learn to do well; seek mishpat, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith YHWH (יהוה): though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
1:20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of YHWH (יהוה) hath spoken [it].
Tziyon (ציּון), the sinful city
1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of mishpat; tzedek lodged in it; but now murderers.
1:22 Thy kesef (silver) is become dross, thy wine mixed with mayim:
1:23 Thy sarim (sarim) [are] rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
1:24 Therefore saith Adon, YHWH (יהוה) Tzevaot, the Avir Yisrael, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy alloy (tin):
1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy yo'etz (counsellor)s as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of tzedek, the faithful city.
1:27 Tzyon shall be redeemed with mishpat, and make teshuvah with tzedakah.
1:28 And the destruction of the poshe'im (transgressors) and of the chote'im (sinners) [shall be] together, and they that forsake YHWH (יהוה) shall be consumed.
1:29 For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.
1:30 For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no mayim.
1:31 And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench [them].
Go to Index Page
The theme of this book is expressed in the meaning of the name Yeshayahu meaning Yehovah saves. This sefer has 66 chapter seem like the 66 book of both Tenakh and Brit Hadashah it is sometimes referred to as "the Scripture in miniature". The theme of this sefer are as follows
1. To call Benai Yehudah back to Hashem
2. To tell of YHWH Elohim's salvation through the Moshiach
53:5 But He [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for mei'avonoteinu (for our iniquities): the chastisement of our shalom [was] upon him; and with His stripes we are healed.
1. Prophecies of punishment and blessing from Yeshayahu's time ( Chapter 1-35)
A. Judgments on Yehudah and Yerushalayim with Glimpses of Glory Shining through (Chapters 1- 5)
1. Hashem's Case against Yisrael ( chapter 1)
2. Future blessing through Cleansing ( Chapters 2, 3, 4)
3. Yisrael's punishment for sin (Chapter 5)
B. Yeshayahu's call, Cleansing, and Commision (Chapter 6)
C. The scroll of Immanuel (Chapter 7-12)
1. Moshiach' s Miraculous birth (Chapters 7)
2. Moshiach' s Marvelous Land (Chapters 8, 9,10)
3. Moshiach's Millenial Kingdom (Chapters 11, 12)
D. misphat on the Goyim (nations) (Chapters 13-24) See Map of the nation
1. misphat on Babylon (Chapters 13:1-14:23)
2. misphat on Assyria (Chapters 14:24-27)
3. misphat on Philistia (Chapters 14:28-27)
4. misphat on Moav (Chapters 15, 16)
5. misphat on Demeskus (Chapters 17)
6. misphat on Unnamed Lands in Africa (Chapter 18)
7. misphat on Mitzrayim (Chapters 19, 20)
8. misphat on Babylon (Chapters 21:1-10)
9. misphat on Dumah (Edom) (Chapters 21:11, 12)
10. misphat on Arabia (Chapters 21:13-17)
11. Judgement on Yerushalayim (Chapter 22)
12. misphat on Tyre (Chapter 23)
13. misphat on all the Earth (Chapter 24)
E. The scroll of Songs (Chapters 25-27)
1. Yisrael's song of praise for Kingdom Blessings (Chapters 25)
2. Yehudah's Song to the Rock of Ages (Chapters 26)
3. HaShem's Song over Redeemed Yisrael (Chapters 27)
F. The Fall and Rising Again of Yisrael and Yerushalayim (chapters 28-35)
1. Woe to Efrayim / Yisrael (Chapters 28)
2. Woe to Ariel / Yerushalayim (Chapters 29)
3. Woe to Alliance with Mitzrayim (Chapters 30, 31)
4. The Reign of the tzaddik melekh (Chapters 32)
5. Woe to the Plunder / Assyria (Chapters 33)
6. Woe to All Nations (Chapters 34)
7. The Glory of the coming Kingdom (Chapters 35)
II Historical Transition:
The scroll of Hezekiah (Chapters 36-39)
A. Hezekiah's Deliverance from Assyria (Chapters 36, 37)
1. Assyria's Defiance of Hashem (chapters 36)
2. Hashem's destruction of Assyria (Chapters 37)
B. Hezekiah's Sickness and Recovery (Chapters 38)
C. Hezekiah's Sin (chapters 39)
III Prophecies of Comfort from the viewpoint of the future captivity (Chapters 40-66)
A. The Comfort of Yisrael's coming Deliverance (Chapters 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
1. Comfort from HaShem's forgiveness and Shalom (Chapters 40:1-11)
2. Comfort from HaShem's Attributes (Chapters 40 :12-31)
3. Comfort from the Set apart One of Yisrael (Chapters 41)
4. Comfort from the Servant of YHWH (Chapters 42)
5. Comfort from Yisrael's Restoration (Chapters 43,44)
6. Comfort from Cyrus, Hashem's Anointed (Chapters 45)
7. Comfort from the Fall of Babylon's idols (Chapters 46)
8. Comfort from the Fall of Babylon (Chapters 47)
9. Comfort from Yisrael's return after chastening (Chapters 48)
B. The Moshiach and His Rejection by Yisrael (Chapters 49 -57)
1. Moshiach as Servant (Chapters 49)
2. Moshiach as True Disciple (Chapters 50)
3. Moshiach as tzaddik Ruler (Chapters 51:1-52:12)
4. Moshiach as Sin-bearing Sacrifice (Chapters 52:13-53:12)
5. Moshiach as Redeemer and Restorer (Chapters 54)
6. Moshiach as World Proclaimer (Chapters 55:1-56:8)
7. Moshiach as Judge of the wicked (Chapters 56:9-57:21)
C. Yisrael's Sin, misphat, Repentance and Restoration (Chapters 58-66)
1. The Delight of True Spirituality (Chapters 58)
2. The Iniquities of Yisrael (Chapters 59)
3. The Future Glory of Tzyon (Chapters 60)
4. Moshiach's Ministries (Chapters 61)
5. The Future Delights of Yerushalayim (Chapter 62)
6. The Day of Vengeance (Chapters 63:1-6)
7. The Prayer of the Remnant (Chapters 63:7 - 64:12)
8. YHWH's answer to tefillah of the Remnant (Chapters 65)
9.The Consummation: Peace like a River (Chapter 66)