Go to index page
4:1 So melekh Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) was melekh over all Yisrael.
4:2 And these [were] the princes which he had; Azar'Yahu Ben Tzadok ha kohen,
4:3 Elihoreph and AchiYahu, the benai Shisha, Sofrim (Scribes); Yehoshaphat Ben Ahilud, the Mazkir (recorder).
4:4 And Benayahu Ben Yehoyada [was] over the Tzava (Army): and Tzadok and Evy'atar [were] ha Kohenim:
4:5 And Azar'Yahu Ben Natan [was] over the Nitzavim (commissioners): and Zavud Ben Natan [was] principal officer, [and] the king's friend:
4:6 And Ahishar [was] over the household: and Adon-yiram Ben Avda [was] over the tribute.
4:7 And Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) had twelve Nitzavim (commissioners) over all Yisrael, which provided victuals for the melekh and his household: each man his month in a year made provision.
4:8 And these [are] their shemot:
Ben Hur, in Har Efrayim:
4:9 Ben Dekar, in Makaz, and in Shaalvim, and Beit-Shemesh, and Elon-beit-Chanan:
4:10 Ben Hesed, in Arubot; to him [pertained] Sokoh, and all the eretz Hepher:
4:11 Ben Avinadav, in all the region of Dor; which had Taphat Bat Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) to wife:
4:12 Ba-Ana Ben Ahilud; [to him pertained] Ta-Anak and Megiddo, and all Beit-Shan, which [is] by Tzartanah beneath Yizre'el, from Beit-Shan to Avel-Meholah, [even] unto [the place that is] beyond Yokneam:
4:13 Ben Gever, in Ramot-Gil'ad; to him [pertained] the towns of Yair Ben Menasheh, which [are] in Gil'ad; to him [also pertained] the region of Argov, which [is] in Bashan, threescore great cities with walls and nekoshet beriyak:
4:14 Ahinadav Ben Iddo [had] Mahanayim:
4:15 Ahima'atz [was] in Naftali; he also took Ba'smat bat Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) to wife:
4:16 Ba'anah Ben Hushai [was] in Asher and in Alot:
4:17 Yehoshafat Ben Paruah, in Yissakhar:
4:18 Shimei Ben Elah, in Benyamin:
4:19 Gever Ben Uri [was] in the country of Gil'ad, [in] the country of Sihon melekh of the Emorites, and of Og melekh Bashan; and [he was] the only officer which [was] in the eretz.
Sh'lomo in all his splendor 20 - 34
4:20 Yehudah and Yisrael [were] many, as the sand which [is] by the sea in multitude, eating and drinking, and making merry.
(1) 4:21 And Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) reigned over all ha mamlechot from the river unto the eretz the Pelishtim, and unto the border of Mitzrayim: they brought presents, and served Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) all the days of his life.
(2) 4:22 Ve yehi lechem Sh'lomo (שׁלמה)'s le yom echad was sheloshim (30) kor (measures) of fine flour, and threescore measures of meal,
(3) 4:23 Ten chelvei (fat) oxen, and twenty oxen out of the pastures, and an hundred sheep, beside harts, and roebucks, and fallowdeer, and chelvei (fat) fowl.
(4) 4:24 For he had dominion over all [the region] on this side the river, from Tiphsah even to Azzah, over all the kings on this side the river: and he had shalom on all sides round about him.
(5) 4:25 And Yehudah and Yisrael dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Be'ersheva, all the days of Sh'lomo (שׁלמה).
(6) 4:26 And Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) had forty Thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve Thousand horsemen.
(7) 4:27 And those Nitzavim (commissioners) provided victual for melekh Sh'lomo (שׁלמה), and for all that came unto melekh Sh'lomo (שׁלמה)'s table, every man in his month: they lacked nothing.
(8) 4:28 Barley also and straw for the horses and dromedaries brought they unto the place where [the Nitzavim (commissioners)] were, every man according to his charge.
(9) 4:29 And Elohim (אלהים) gave Sh'lomo (שׁלמה) wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of lev, even as the sand that [is] on the sea shore.
(10) 4:30 And Sh'lomo (שׁלמה)'s wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the benai the east country, and all the wisdom of Mitzrayim.
(11) 4:31 For he was wiser than all men; than Etan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the benai Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
(12) 4:32 And he spake three Thousand proverbs: and his songs were a Thousand and five.
(13) 4:33 And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that [is] in Levanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall: he spake also of beasts, and of fowl, and of creeping things, and of fishes.
(14) 4:34 And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Sh'lomo (שׁלמה), from all kings of the eretz, which had heard of his wisdom.
Go to index page